Mastering the art of a powerful call-to-action (CTA) can ultimately accelerate your conversion rate and sales. If you’re wondering just how important a CTA is and how colour, copy and design can make a significant difference, you’ve come to the right place.
CTAs are prompts that urge your audience to complete specific actions like subscribing to a newsletter, purchasing a product, or providing information. They play an important role in achieving business objectives and are essential in any marketing strategy.
Unlock the secret to boosting your business growth with these statistics. Whether you’re a marketer, business owner, or just curious, our valuable insights and tips on CTAs will revolutionise your strategy.
So, let’s get started!
18 Proven Ways to Elevate Your CTAs and Grow Your Conversion Rate
- Including CTAs on your Facebook page can potentially boost the click-through rate by 285 %. (Source: Callbox)
- The conversion rates for contact form landing pages tend to be low. People prefer fast solutions and quicker CTAs.(Square2Marketing)
- Statistics show that 90% of viewers who read a headline also read the corresponding call-to-action. (Source: MarketingSherpa)
- Customised CTAs have a 202% higher conversion rate than regular CTAs. (Source: HubSpot)
- 51.3% of PPC landing page CTA buttons are green, a colour that psychologically encourages people to take action. (Source: Chartmogul)
- Embedding a CTA within anchor text has been proven to increase conversion rates by 121%. (Source: HubSpot)
- Using only 1 call-to-action in a marketing email can boost click-through rates by 42%. (Source: Callbox)
- Removing any free offers from a website’s homepage has been proven to grow signups by 200%. (Source: Callbox)
- Short CTA copy (around 5-7 words) has the highest conversion rates. (Source: HubSpot)
- The average attention span of a website visitor is 8 seconds, so it’s important to make your CTA clear and attention-grabbing. (Source: Entrepreneur)
- Nearly half of all websites have a clear call-to-action button visible in 3 seconds or fewer. (Source: affiliatiz)
- Placing a CTA on a product page is likely to push sales by 80%. (Source: Creativemms).
- When a CTA is placed next to a list of benefits/advantages, sign-ups can increase by 34%. (Source: Digitaloasis)
- Emails must capture their audience in the subject lines, as 35% of users will ignore an email that doesn’t have a good subject line. (Source: Digitaloasis)
- Red CTA buttons have been known to improve conversion rates by around 21% (Source: QuickSprout)
- Videos containing a CTA will typically get 380% more clicks than their usual sidebar CTAs.(Source: affiliatiz)
- The words ‘click here’ as part of a CTA can boost the conversion rate by 30%. (Source: Quicksprout)
- A personalised subject line can generate 50% higher open rates. (Source: Campaign Monitor)
- The use of emotive language within content can persuade users to convert. (Source: BuzzSumo)
Persuasive Writing Techniques for Mastering a Strong CTA
The copy you create plays a vital role in persuading a user to take action. Words wield immense power and can significantly influence the behaviour and actions of users. However, mastering the art of using words to create an impact is a challenging skill to master. Here are just a few tips that should help you in crafting compelling CTAs:
- Use action-oriented language that prompts readers to take a specific action.
- Create a sense of urgency by highlighting limited-time offers or a limited quantity of a product or service.
- Use social proof, such as customer reviews or testimonials, to build trust and credibility.
- Use persuasive language that appeals to readers’ emotions and desires, such as using words like ‘unlock’ and ‘discover’.
- Provide a clear and compelling value proposition that explains what the reader will gain by taking the desired action.
- Use contrast to make your CTA stand out, such as contrasting the benefits of taking the desired action versus the negative consequences of not taking it.
- Make sure your CTA is visible and prominent on the page, using design elements such as colour, size, and placement.
- Use numbers, statistics, or data to support your CTA and provide evidence for why the reader should take the desired action.
- Create a sense of curiosity or intrigue by asking open-ended questions or teasing the reader with a sneak peek of what’s coming.
- Use personalisation to make the CTA feel more tailored to the reader’s interests and needs, such as using their name or referencing their previous actions on your website.
Unleash Your Website’s Potential with Embryo
Leave the growth of your online business and conversions to us. Our team at Embryo is packed with talent and expertise, ready to take your business to the next level.
From award-winning PPC to SEO and content, we use a multi-channel approach to maximise your website’s visibility and engagement. By targeting the right audience on the right channels, we help you create a seamless user experience that leads to higher conversion rates.
Don’t let your website’s potential go untapped. Partner with Embryo and let us help you optimise your CTAs and boost your conversions.