Struggling to build long-term relationships with your customers?
Finding it hard to target users on other platforms like social or in the SERPs?
Want to improve the impact of your sales, new launches and promotional strategies?
Email marketing does all of this and more.
Email marketing is, for many businesses, a core part of their marketing strategy. The power of email marketing comes from the fact that email marketing works with some of the most engaged customers or potential customers your brand has.
In the world of B2C marketing, things move fast and the sheer volume of messages users see flashing by every day is growing all the time, so standing out and communicating clearly and regularly with your customers is vital to ensure you’re staying at the very front of their minds.
In this guide, we’ll share our knowledge on the importance of email marketing for B2C businesses, and share some useful facts to make the case for B2C email marketing in your next strategy!
Why use B2C Email Marketing?
B2C email marketing is incredibly powerful, and brands have picked up on that! More B2C organisations than ever are using email marketing, and are using it as a core marketing tool in their overarching strategy. Essentially, if you don’t want to get left behind, email marketing is a must.
1) 33% of marketers send weekly emails and 26% send emails multiple times per month. 37% of brands are increasing their email budget according to Hubspot.
3) Email marketing revenue is estimated to reach almost 11 billion by the end of 2023.
4) 64% of small businesses use email marketing to reach customers.
5) 59% of respondents say marketing emails influence their purchase decisions.
Email Marketing Demographics and Usage Statistics
Thousands of your competitors are probably already using email marketing to bring in new customers, engage the ones they already have, and increase the impact of sales, and new drops, and leverage brand loyalty.
Of course “everyone else is doing it” isn’t always the best reason to try something. However, these trends are continuing to happen on an increasingly wider scale – and that’s because email marketing works.
Email marketing is one of, if not the largest, consumer marketing channels available to advertisers and marketing teams today. Email marketing is something that billions of people can receive, and are receptive to.
Particularly in the EU, where GDPR laws require users to actively opt-in to receiving marketing emails, companies can feel confident that in most cases, their content is going to already-engaged audiences with awareness and loyalty to their brand, and a real interest in what they have to offer.
This, combined with the sheer number of users on email is a recipe for success that thousands of businesses can take advantage of.
6) There are 4 billion daily email users.
7) People use email often — 58% of adults check their email first thing in the morning.
8) Smartphone users prefer to receive brand communications via email (and almost 85% of the world’s population are smartphone users)]
Email Marketing Best Practices
Of course, you can’t just dump out email content simply for the sake of doing it. The best campaigns (of any kind!) are well planned, and intentional and offer genuine value to consumers.
Subscriber segmentation is the most effective email marketing campaign strategy – segmented emails receive more engagement and make more money as a result. Segmentation in email marketing can be done almost entirely automatically if set up properly, and markets can be segmented based on almost any attribute. As well as normal demographic measures like age, gender, and region, many email marketing platforms allow users to segment based on more complex criteria. Things like the date of their most recent purchase, whether they’ve opened one, more, or a specific email in the past, their birthday or birthdays of a loved one, what kind of products they’ve bought previously, or almost any other parameter you can think of!
9) A majority of marketers using email leverage mobile-friendly emails as part of their marketing strategy. 40% of people 18 years old and under will always open an email on their mobile first.
10) Spam testing your emails is vital and leads to higher ROI. 15.8% of all emails actually go missing or get picked up and filtered out by spam filters, so avoiding this wherever possible will improve your email’s effectiveness.
12) Emails with personalised subject lines see up to a 26% increase in open rates.
13) Why not try an abandoned cart strategy for e-commerce? 60% of shoppers returned to complete their purchase after receiving a personalised abandoned cart email.
Email marketing is a powerful, powerful tool for B2C businesses, and we’ve only scratched the surface here. To learn more about email marketing, or to see how the team at Embryo can enhance your email marketing, get in touch!