A fact is something that occurs in real life and separates the truth from fiction.
Some facts are surprising, such as the average person is exposed to around 5,000 logos per day. While some just seem bizarre, for example, the fact that it is illegal to own just one guinea pig in Switzerland because they get lonely?
No matter how strange some facts may seem, they are essential for making key decisions in life. So, our team of search engine optimisers decided to come together and decided to write this blog to compose a series of fun facts about digital marketing that may influence your strategies. If you’d like more support with your digital marketing feel free to get in touch with our team on 0161 327 2635 or by emailing [email protected].
- 65% of businesses have accelerated their digital marketing due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- 72% of the marketing budget will be spent on digital activities.
- 43% of businesses don’t have an app.
- Over the coming year, 45 per cent of marketers plan to work on website optimisation to improve digital consumer experience.
- 70% of consumers strongly believe that the product with the greatest rating or review influences them, while another 67% say they are seeking the best price.
- Over 77% of digital marketers invested in data to improve their digital marketing in 2021.
- Around 64% of marketers actively invest in SEO.
- 89% of businesses rely on organic search as their most effective distribution channel.
- Google has stated that in 2022, heightened emotions are driving searches.
- Studies have shown that 94% of the world’s content gets no external links.
- The first organic search results on Google account for 32.5% of traffic share for a search term.
- 68% of online experiences begin with a search engine.
- Only 5.7% of pages will rank in the top 10 search results within a year of being published.
- Only one or two words make up 70.87 per cent of keywords with more than 10,000 monthly searches.
- Over the last year Google searches for ‘in stock’ have grown over 700%.
- The top three organic content distribution channels that B2B marketers use are social media (89%), email (87%) and their blog/website (86%).
- Content with relevant imagery gets around 94% more views.
- Titles with 6-13 words attract the highest and most consistent amount of traffic (this blog has 7, maybe that’s why you’re here!?).
- WordPress users produce nearly 70 million new posts each month.
- The average consumer attention span is 8 seconds so you need to make your content count!
- 85% of online content is less than 1000 words. However, long-form content (more than 1000 words) receives more shares and links.
- B2C content is more likely to be emotionally-based, focusing on making the customer feel good about a purchase.
- 84% of consumers expect companies to produce entertaining and helpful content experiences.
- Businesses that have a blog experience twice as much email traffic as businesses that don’t.
- 87% of B2B marketers include email marketing in their strategy.
- The average open rate within the retail industry is 12.6%, compared to financial services which is 24.8%.
- Emails sent on a Friday receive a higher open and click rate than those sent on other days of the week.
- A study found that 49% of all emails are opened on a mobile device.
- 41% of millennials check their work email in bed, either before or after work.
Social and Paid Media
- In 2021 the UK digital ad spend grew 16.8% to over £19.23 billion.
- In early 2022, a survey of digital marketers found that they spent 15.97% of their marketing budget on social media.
- The average amount of daily time that internet users aged 16 to 64 spend using social media is 1 hour and 49 minutes. (Hootsuite)
- LinkedIn is the platform where B2B buyers are more likely to share professional content.
- Posts shared on the weekend get 27.3% more interactions than those ok weekdays.
- TikTok is the fastest growing social media platform, with over 2 billion downloads. (Here’s more information on how powerful TikTok can be for your digital strategy).
- There’s been a 30% increase in consumers saying that TikTok has influenced their online purchases. (Jungle Scout)
- The number of tweets shared in 2020 decreased by 10%.
- Search ads can increase brand awareness by 80% and display advertising has proven to increase traffic to a website by 300%.
- 77% of consumers will choose a brand over a competitor after having a positive experience with a brand on social media.
- 91% of executives predict their social media marketing budget will increase over the next three years, with the majority expecting this increase to be more than 50%.
- The top four reasons social media users will unfollow a brand are poor quality of product or support (49%), poor customer service (49%), irrelevant content (45%) and too many ads (45%).
- Infographics are liked and shared on social media 3 times more than other forms of content
- Nearly 40% of marketers say the Covid-19 pandemic impacted their plans to include video in their strategies.
- 84% of businesses say that using video has helped them generate leads.
- By year-end 2022 video viewers worldwide will hit 3.37 billion.
- 78% of people say they have watched a live stream over the last 12 months.
- Online videos will account for more than 82 per cent of all consumer internet traffic by 2022.
- Video content receives twice as many shares than any other form of content, including social media posts.
- 67% of viewers will stop watching a video before it ends.
- 95% of marketers say that video has helped consumers to better understand their products and/or services.
- When asked how they’d most like to learn about a product or service, 69% of consumers said they’d prefer to watch a short video.
- In 2020, videos with #WithMe in the title gained over 2 billion views.
- According to Comscore, the amount of time individuals 55 and older spend watching YouTube videos increased by 10% between May 2020 and May 2021.
Hopefully, these facts have provided you with something to think about for the day as well as satisfied the need for new information! If any of the above has sparked some interest and you’d like to discuss any of these further with the team at Embryo then give the team a call on 0161 327 2635 or get in touch.
BONUS FACT: Google images were created after the search engine received many searches of Jennifer Lopez’s dress at the Grammys in 2000.