Nothing moves quite like the world of all things SEO, and here at Embryo we appreciate just how important it is to stay on top of the latest developments in the industry.
As such, we’ve rounded up some of the most valuable news and updates within the SEO world from the past month, so you can keep your finger on the pulse! Whether it’s Google algorithm updates, changes to platforms, or anything in between, there’s certainly plenty to stay on top of.
You can go ahead and read all of our updates below, or if you’re looking to get in contact with an experienced team that can help you execute an organic strategy, you can skip to the good bit and call 0161 327 2635 or email [email protected] for more information.
5 SEO Updates to Note
- Google’s new feature on Business Profiles allows companies to add social media links (one link per platform), as a way of helping small businesses to gain greater visibility across Google’s products.
- If you’ve linked Google Analytics 4 to Big Query, you’re now able to export user data. GA4 will create two new tables in your BigQuery project – one for pseudo ID and one for user ID. There’s plenty more on GA4’s Big Query update here!
- Google is reducing the visibility of FAQ-rich results in the SERP, as well as How-To-rich results on desktop devices. This will affect the use of structured data – but Google’s advised having this present on your site certainly won’t do any harm, but the need for it moving forward may be minimised.
- Early indications were that Bing hadn’t gained much market share at all since launching its chat feature back in February, but the CEO has since stated on Twitter that usage has dramatically increased in the past few weeks, and so infrastructure changes are underway to handle the demand. Is this further evidence that people’s search habits are changing, moving more towards AI use?
- John Mueller himself has recently passed comments on content, and getting content to rank. Mueller stated that sites need a clear foundation of purpose, and need to be link-worthy or recommendation-worthy to aid success in the rankings. And, of course, he warned against using AI for content!
You’re up to Date!
You’re now fully up to speed with some of the biggest things to shake up SEO in the past month, but the surprises don’t stop there – SEO is extremely fast-paced so it’s only a matter of time before there are even more developments to get to grips with. And that’s before you consider any other channels like PPC and Paid Social!
So, why not stay in the loop by visiting our blog where we regularly post our news rounds ups, as well as other food for thought to inform your marketing?
If it’s hands-on advice and an organic strategy you’re looking for, you can reach out to our team by clicking the contact button, or giving us a call on 0161 327 2635.