It’s no secret that pay-per-click advertising, or PPC to those in the know, is an industry that generates its own news and announcements.
Algorithms update, policies change, and new features are added, almost weekly. And with that, comes the importance of being up to speed with everything that’s going on.
Sure your PPC campaigns might be doing well now, but all it takes is one new Google update and your results could soon tank if you’re not aware of changes.
So with that in mind, welcome back to another PPC Round-Up! Here, we’ll be listing some of the most important stories from the PPC world that have occurred in the last few weeks.
At Embryo, we keep our finger on the PPC pulse allowing us to react to any and all changes that could affect client results. So, if you’d rather let our team handle your PPC accounts, then why not get in touch with us?
You can hit the contact button below or call us directly on 0161 327 2635 or email [email protected].
All the PPC News That Mattered in May
- Google has announced it is adding two new campaign types for users with specific needs. These are video view campaigns and demand generation campaigns. Both video-first and these specific campaigns will help advertisers further leverage Google’s video network.
- More announcements from Google follow, here, they announced seven new Google Ads features. These significant improvements will result in better bidding and targeting for advertisers as well as providing them with more data – which is never a bad thing in PPC.
- Google has announced that from July this year, they intend to tighten their advertising policies regarding products which ‘have an imminent risk of death or grievous bodily harm’. What those products are have not been disclosed but it appears pretty common sense what will fall under that banner.
- It appears that artificial intelligence has reached the world of PPC. Google’s AI platform will now let you create key features of Google Ads campaigns using conversational AI. Respond to prompts about your landing page and Google will go ahead and create keywords, headlines, descriptions, and more.
- Sticking with Google and AI, Performance Max is getting the artificial intelligence treatment. Already quite automated PMax can now create assets in the form of text and images for campaigns after just a few prompts.
- It may seem like a turbulent world out there at the moment but according to a new survey by Gartner, the PPC world is steady. It found that three-quarters of CMOs are planning to either increase or maintain their PPC spend. If you ever needed proof that PPC was a marketing channel worth investing in, this is it.
Now You’re Up To Speed
Well there you have it, while May has been a crazy month for bank holidays, coronations, and everything else, the world of PPC continues to go at a pace!
As we mentioned, if you’d like to work with a PPC team who can help you benefit from all these new developments then be sure to get in touch with us today! Our phone number is 0161 327 2635 and our email is [email protected].
Alternatively, just hit the contact button below and a member of our team will be in touch with you!
Tune in next time for more PPC news.