Constant change is something that social media and paid social are well accustomed to. Its fast-paced, ever-changing nature is an integral part of its character, so it’s no wonder that it’s a struggle to remain in the loop of what’s been going on.
Social media is inescapable, it’s everywhere and becoming evidently more prominent in our lives every day. Luckily, here at Embryo, we have rounded up all the most important social media news stories to help you feel less overwhelmed and more up-to-date with what’s been happening.
Our award-winning paid social team are experts at remaining up to date with the latest social media trends. Why not reach out for their help to eliminate the stress of trying to follow the unpredictable journey of social media? Speak to our team by phone at 0161 327 2635 or email us at [email protected].
10 of the Most Important Social Media Stories from the Last Few Weeks
- Twitter rebrands to ‘X’, with the recognisable bird logo switching to a black ‘X’ and Elon Musk looking to change the default colour to black.
- Snapchat introduces new 3D bitmojis– a crucial step in Meta advancing its metaverse. This development is a glimpse at the future of digital communication.
- Reddit launches ‘r/Place’, a blank public art canvas that seems to have just inspired protests from users against the CEO. Well, that backfired!
- TikTok introduces posts that are entirely text-based, expanding the options of what content can be produced.
- TikTok contributes to anti-ageing ideals with its viral ‘aged’ filter, showing users how they could appear when they look older.
- Emojipedia shares the most used emojis of 2023 for world emoji day. Coming in the top spot was the crying emoji, with the laughing emoji achieving second place.
- Zuckerberg’s new Threads app has 100m users in less than five days, having an opposing agenda of ‘kindness’ compared to Musk’s controversial control of Twitter.
- A recently filed patent from Meta sees that they aim to log ‘voice prints’ as a means of authentication- no, your Facebook isn’t listening to you, but it soon could be!
- A new partnership sees Meta bring Roblox to Quest VR, an expansion to VR gaming that targets youngsters. It soon won’t be necessary to leave your bedroom for an adventure.
- TikTok executive admits how Australian Users’ data has been accessed by employees in China. However, the head of data security reassures that employees can’t get access without approval and justification.
Want to Work with a Team That Is This Up to Date with Paid Social Trends?
We hope this pretty much sums up what’s occurred in the turbulent social media industry this past month. It’s a lot to grasp, so this digestible list is just a snapshot of how much can happen within social media and paid social in just a few weeks.
Want to put your brand out there with expert advice that ensures your investment is used on the right platforms, targeting the right people? Speak to our sales team today!