9 Ways For B2B Brands To Get More Out Of LinkedIn

What was once a platform that was predominantly used for recruitment and careers, LinkedIn has become a great tool for businesses and business professionals to develop their brands. With over 810,000,000 users in more than 200 countries worldwide, it’s no wonder LinkedIn is promoted as the most popular social networking platform for B2B.

Some other impressive statistics that showcase why if you want to build your brand you need to be active on LinkedIn are:

So how can you use the platform effectively to grow your business and personal brand?

  1. Create an engaging profile – this is relevant for both individuals and businesses. Your profile should represent you in the most authentic and true way possible in order to grow your brand, its awareness and engagement. As 4 out of 5 LinkedIn users are those who drive business decisions, it’s important to ensure your profile is driving the decisions you want your audience to make. Want to make your profile 20x more engaging? Take a look at these tips and tricks.
  2. Build connections with people who are important to you and/or have influence within your industry. These could include:
  • Clients or customers
  • Potential employees
  • Influential partners
  • Industry leaders

Sending personalised messages with connection requests can also make it easier for you to build your audience. Don’t forget though, social networking is very much like traditional networking, in that it’s important to create relationships but also nurture those relationships to maintain them, you can’t just take, take, take, you also try to add value for your connections.

  1. Share content that showcases you and your business as experts and thought leaders in your industry, helping you gain your audience’s trust whilst also enabling others to learn more about you and what you do. This is especially important for B2B brands as 51% of B2B buyers place a higher emphasis on the trustworthiness of the source of the content they consume.

There are lots of different features LinkedIn offers that enable you to share content in a variety of ways. For example, creating a newsletter on the platform allows you to share regular insights with your audience, and makes it possible for them to subscribe to your updates. When sharing content you should also remember to be consistent, you can’t just post once in a while and expect great results.

  1. Engage, engage, engage. Like other digital platforms, LinkedIn wants to promote the best type of content to their users, therefore their algorithm works by sharing high-engaging content to a wider audience. This is why it’s so important for you to drive engagements quickly when you post.

On company profiles, you can use the ‘notify employees’ feature or for individual posts, you can share links to your content with family and friends to drive traffic and quick engagements to your posts and kickstart their potential.

  1. Use groups to connect with other professionals in your field. This is extremely important as it’s been found that you’re 21% more likely to get a response from a prospect when they are in the same LinkedIn Group as you. Groups also provide a place where members can discuss topics of interest and engage in meaningful discussions. They’re also another great place to find content that you can re-share and engage with.
  2. Share links to interesting blogs, videos, podcasts and websites, especially your own. After all, 46% of social traffic to company websites comes from LinkedIn.
  3. Join events in your area and attend them. Events give you the opportunity to develop new skills, showcase your expertise, and meet new people, to further increase your network.
  4. Promote your business, products and services. According to the B2B Institute, businesses should spend 46% of their marketing spend on brand building and the remaining 54% on lead generation when advertising on LinkedIn.
  5. Finally, use LinkedIn as part of a multi-platform social strategy to maximise the results you achieve. This is especially important as you can increase your reach by using multiple platforms and ensure you’re sharing the most relevant content on each one. Each platform has different audience demographics and different content styles that are more suitable. For example, LinkedIn is ideal for B2B brands whilst TikTok focuses on a lot more visual content which can be more suitable for B2C brands.

If you’d like help with your social media strategy then get in touch with our

talented paid social media team

who can devise a detailed and bespoke paid or organic strategy that can help you achieve your business goals. It’s also important to ensure your social strategy is aligned with your other marketing channels to ensure they can support one another. Here’s more information on using multiple marketing channels: Benefits of a multi-channel presence


Latest News & Blogs