30 Marketing Stats From The Automotive Industry
The world of automotive marketing is vast, competitive and constantly adapting to new industry trends. As a result, marketing and SEO play a huge part in increasing sales and beating the competition, which makes for some pretty interesting stats. In this blog, we’re breaking down 30 of the most interesting, jaw-dropping automotive marketing stats for you to check out just to give you an idea of how big a role marketing plays for companies such as Audi, BMW, and Hyundai.
We’ve split them across general stats and then categorised them per car brand. Here at Embryo, we’re used to working with businesses across all sectors of the automotive industry. If you’re in this competitive industry and want to understand how marketing can help you reach top gear and accelerate past your competitors then get in touch with us today by phone at 0161 327 2635 or email [email protected].
- General Motors (GM) spent nearly 2.7 Billion dollars in advertising in 2021
- Tesla has reportedly spent 0 (Thats a zero) on advertising in 2021
- In the US, Ford has reported that an average of $78 was spent on advertising for each Dodge model sold in 2021
- In Italy, 20% of e-shoppers buy their car equipment online!
- 18% of people in the UK would purchase a car from an online retailer.
- 2020-2021 saw BMW increase capital expenditure by 27.79% to 500 million
- In the same period, Revenues saw a nice increase too from 800 million to 950 million, an 18.09% increase in that year.
- BMW’s Social Media allocation split mentioned by BrandTotal says: Facebook – 46%, YouTube – 2%, Instagram – 32%, Twitter 20%
- They are investing triple-digit investments into the digitalisation of their sales and marketing.
- According to Media Radar, the BMW group spent over $100 million in advertising in the last year. This includes digital, print and TV ads.
- BMW currently sponsors Real Madrid with a deal worth £6.5 million
- Audi spent 45 million Euros on advertising in 2021 in Germany alone.
- Audi joined forces into a mega group with Lamborghini, Bentley and Ducati into a premium brand.
- “Future is an attitude” is a new branding message delivered by the Vorsprung Audi Marketing strategy.
- Audi had a total revenue of $62 billion dollars worldwide in 2021, 39% of this revenue came from the passenger cars segment.
- Audi has sponsored FC Bayern since 2002, but in 2021 they also partnered with FC Bayern’s women’s team too!
- As of the end of Dec 2021, Vauxhalls’ market share in the Uk was only 5.49%
- According to Statista, their market share jumped to 11% in April 2020, despite only selling 500 vehicles (Pandemic era sales)
- Vauxhall has reported a 29% increase in landing page visits
- They’ve won the DRUM Design, B2B Marketing and Cream Midlands awards three times!
- Vauxhall saw a 15% increase in sales after releasing a new TV advert focussing on the Mokka with the slogan “Unbox Yourself”
- September 2022 saw Vauxhall start a new sponsorship deal with Dartford F.C
- Ford was third in Germany for advertising spend coming behind Audi with 39.5 million euros.
- The company’s Advertising division invested 3.1 billion dollars in 2021, this includes marketing promotions, brand promotions and things like auto shows.
- According to Electronic Specifier, Ford was the UK’s favourite brand with 9.28% of new vehicle registrations in 2020.
- Ford is the proud sponsor of RideLondon and is viewing its deal as part of its push for sustainability.
- In 2021, Hyundai spent a massive 2.61 billion South Korean Won on advertising. One of the largest budgets in the automotive marketing industry.
- In 2021 they achieved their largest-ever share of the UK market at 4.2%, up from 2.9% in 2020
- March 2022 saw Hyundai take first place in a “most seen” advertising campaign, 37% of respondents said the ad was “cinematic” and “soothing”
- Not satisfied with just a football team, Hyundai sponsored parts of the FIFA 2022 World Cup!
As you can see, automotive marketing shows no signs of abating and if you’re in this industry, it’s clear that branding and growing your online presence is an absolute must for anyone even remotely related to this sector. To learn more, get in touch with our team today by phone at 0161 327 2635 or email [email protected].