Over the years more businesses are frequently seeing the benefits of Affiliate marketing in their strategies today. Affiliate marketing is the process of working with other businesses or people that will market your products/services and send traffic to your website. You then pay those people or businesses a commission on each sale. The benefit of this is that you only pay commissions on sales that have occurred. As a result, Affiliate marketing has become an effective marketing tool to increase brand awareness and business growth.
At Embryo, we understand what is needed to create impactful affiliate campaigns. Whether you’re new to affiliate marketing or are looking for a new digital marketing agency we can take your business to the next level. To learn more, feel free to get in touch with our team after you’ve read this blog by phone at 0161 327 2635 or email [email protected].
General Affiliate Marketing Statistics At A Glance:
If you aren’t already sold on why affiliate marketing should be a part of your marketing and business strategy, here are 27 statistics you can’t ignore.
- Over 65% of affiliate marketers connect with their customers on social media.
- Affiliate Marketing is the most successful channel for 20% of brand marketers.
- 17% of brands spend 80-100% of their marketing budgets on affiliate marketing alone.
- Search interest in “affiliate marketing” is up over 200% since 2015. Which suggests affiliate marketing is on an upward trend.
- Affiliate Marketing has a market value of over $17 billion as of 2023.
- 79% of marketers use affiliate marketing to engage existing customers.
- Affiliate marketing spending increases by 10.1% yearly.
Industry-Related Affiliate Marketing Statistics:
- The toy industry saw a 109% growth in affiliate marketing last year.
- Affiliate Marketing drives 16% of eCommerce sales in Canada and the US.
- The affiliate industry is responsible for a total of 16% of online orders.
- Amazon associates speak for 45.98% of the affiliate market share.
- Affiliate marketing contributes 10% of the income earned by food bloggers.
- 23.27% of affiliate marketing is fashion-related.
Affiliate Marketing Trends Statistics:
- Mobile devices account for 50% of affiliate-referred traffic.
- AI and voice search are the two biggest trends to watch out for in affiliate marketing.
- In 2020, the affiliate market worldwide spending increased at a growth rate of 10%.
- Affiliate links receive more than 5 billion clicks annually.
- 65% of B2C marketing executives predicted they would spend more on affiliate marketing in 2021 (and they did).
- Instagram will open an affiliate shop for creators.
Affiliate Marketing Revenue Statistics:
- 65% of merchants report an annual affiliate marketing revenue of between 5% and 20%.
- 38% of publishers name affiliate advertising as one of their top 3 sources of revenue.
- The average annual income of an affiliate marketer is $65,000.
- From 2015 to 2020, affiliate marketing revenue increased from $4.5 billion to $6.8 billion.
- 44% of affiliate revenue is accrued by the retail industry alone.
- 56% of affiliate programs increased revenue during the Covid-19 lockdown.
- The global digital advertising market is expected to be worth over $763B in 2025.
- Jason Stone generated $7 million in affiliate marketing revenue in one year.
As you can see from the statistics above, Affiliate marketing is becoming a dominant advertising tool within the digital marketing sphere. As it continues to grow year to year, with affiliate links receiving 5 billion clicks annually, it is seen as an effective form of marketing for customers and companies.
With the above in mind, we can expect affiliate marketing to continue to become an important scaling strategy for many businesses. If you’d like to join an industry-leading affiliate marketing agency click here for all the information you need to know.