Head of Organic
The SEO Account Manager is a key role within the Embryo Pod structures. They manage their own client strategies and monthly SEO deliverables, support the Senior SEO Account Manager with larger client strategies and support the SEO Executives with their development.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Delivery of monthly SEO work on your clients, and where appropriate, assigning out and managing tasks to other team members for completion.
- Develop and oversee SEO strategies for a range of clients across various industries, ensuring they achieve online visibility and organic search performance.
- Conduct thorough keyword research, competitive analysis, and on-page optimisation to improve clients’ organic performance.
- Ensure monthly reporting is complete for all of your clients within the first three working days of every month.
- You’ll be required to attend client meetings, both virtually and face-to-face where you’ll be responsible for presenting SEO performance and answering any queries.
- Work with SEO Executives to delegate work where required, as well as supporting them with strategy creation and monthly delivery of work.
- Work with Senior SEO Account Manager(s) to support the delivery of client strategies and monthly SEO deliverables.
- Work with the wider team on cross-department strategies to achieve clients’ goals and KPIs.
- You should be familiar with Technical Auditing and SEO analysis, creating actionable insights to be implemented on a client’s website.
- We utilise Content Marketing Packages for some of our clients, which will require you to attend Ideation sessions with our Digital PR and Creative departments.
- Utilise Embryo’s internal processes, proprietary tools and apply to client strategies to drive performance for your accounts and ensure clear communication across each department.
- Work closely with the senior members of the Organic team to ensure consistency in the Organic deliverables across the department.
- From time to time you may be required to run training sessions with junior team members to keep them up-to-speed on SEO best practices and the processes involved in delivering these for client work.
- You will be responsible for managing your own schedule and working with the Pods within the Organic team to ensure deadlines are met.
- Track all time within ClickUp, our internal time management system, and ensure it is tracked accurately and assigned to the correct clients.
- Manage requests from the Client Services and Senior Management Teams, ensuring clear, consistent communication at all times.
- Stay updated on industry best practices and emerging trends in SEO and work with the Head of Organic to make any necessary changes to our approach that will benefit client performance and internal processes.
- Technical – You should be comfortable with using CMS platforms such as WordPress, Shopify and Magento. Although preferred (but not essential), HTML and PHP coding skills. You should also be comfortable with auditing websites and developing actionable insights.
- Desirable experience -At least 3 years of SEO experience and be comfortable with managing multiple client campaigns of different sizes.
- Software – You should have experience in using Screaming Frog, GSuite, Ahrefs, GA4, Google Search Console at a minimum. For any other software or tools, training will be provided.
- Auditing – You should be comfortable completing onsite and offsite SEO audits which are presentable to clients. You should be able to manipulate large data sets in Excel/Google Sheets.
- Client Communication – You should be comfortable engaging with clients, reporting to them over the phone and face to face. You should come across as confident and knowledgeable in SEO and the strategy you have set out for them. Your communication skills both written and verbal should be excellent.
- Internal Communication – You should have good communication skills ensuring that updates are reported to the wider team in a timely manner. You should feel comfortable communicating SEO tasks, analysis and issues to relevant team members and other departments.
- Time Management – We use a fantastic tool to assist in time management, but you should also be confident that your workload is manageable and that appropriate deadlines are set and met.
- Passion – You should be passionate about SEO and want to deliver the best results for your clients.
- Good problem-solving, analytical, and project management skills.
- Proven track record of developing and executing a successful SEO strategy that has driven organic search performance and online visibility.