TikTok? What is it? And what can it do for you.


What is TikTok? The major social media app that has taken the world by storm was launched back in 2016 and the amount of active users worldwide continues to grow! With the popularity thriving amongst all ages, it’s no wonder brands are turning to TikTok to not just market their product but add a different layer to their brand that they aren’t able to achieve on the other platforms.

Top 5 TikTok Statistics So Far For 2022

  1. As of the start of this year, TikTok now has 1 billion active users on the platform worldwide! Since its launch 6 years ago, the platform is growing rapidly and has a chance of catching up to Facebook’s 2.9 billion active users it’s accumulated since the app was launched back in 2004 by Mark Zuckerberg.
  2. Data published by Datareportal indicates that the self-service advertising tools highlight that there are 884.9 million users aged 18 and above on TikTok in January 2022, which is a massive market for marketers to reach and advertise to. 
  3. It’s interesting to see across the globe that 57% of TikTok’s users are female and the other 43% are male, making it only just a predominantly female used platform by 14%. 
  4. Again delving into another report produced by Datareportal, 386.6 million users are aged between 18 to 24, this amounts to 43.7% of the audience you could reach on the platform. Whereas 282.0 million users are aged between 25 to 34, this equates to 31.9% of TikTok’s community. Photo credit to https://datareportal.com/essential-tiktok-stats
  5. And, finally, with regards to the engagement rates found on the app, it has been recorded that micro-influencers can reach up to 17.96%, which is substantial compared to the rates they can/have achieved on the other social media giants like Instagram 3.86% and Youtube 1.63%

Embryo’s Very Own TikTok!

We’ve even started a TikTok account for ourselves! It’s critical to understand how a platform works you need to be on it and experience it for yourselves. Get to know the algorithm! You won’t know unless you try.

As the platform is ever-changing we’ve been doing some testing of our own, understanding how trending sounds, hashtags and types of creative can affect the amount of reach our videos can gain? We also wanted to see how much engagement we could achieve and how likely can we sustain this momentum?

We noticed one of the iconic SpongeBob Squarepants sounds was trending and was gaining more and more views by the hour so we decided to bite the bullet and jump on the trend! I mean, who wouldn’t want to see if they could go viral? 

To our luck, it absolutely took off! As each day went by the more exposure our video gained which led us to cross channel the TikTok and post it as a reel on Instagram. With the 7 second video live on both platforms they each gained their own attraction with different audiences who all seemed to engage and even give our video a like.

Currently, on TikTok, our video has 334.6k views, 8,450 likes, 32 comments and 121 shares!

And, on Instagram, it achieved 231.8k views, 3k likes, 6 comments and 69 saves.

It’s important to remember yes you need to stay on brand, however, TikTok is an entertainment platform, a place where people and brands can be a bit cheeky while still expressing their core values. People like to follow people so make sure you are human in the way you come across and your community will soon find you.

Check out our TikTok Account here! @embryodigital

Get In Touch.

If you’d like help with your social media strategy then get in touch with our paid social media team who can devise a detailed and bespoke paid or organic strategy that can help you achieve your business goals. It’s important to understand how the different channels can support each other while still being able to cater to the type of app you’re using to advertise on.


Latest News & Blogs