Social media has undeniably become an integral part of all our daily lives, and its influence continues to shape the way we all connect and communicate, not just with each other but with information we are exposed to as well. However, one area of social media that we cannot ignore is data insights as this is a vital part of measuring any social media campaign, post or video hence why understanding key social media statistics is important for understanding the true potential and impact of social media.
At Embryo, we take a lot of pride and care in your social media campaigns as we understand it forms an important part of your wider digital marketing strategy. To learn more then feel free to get in touch with our team of social media specialists after you’ve read this blog by phone at 0161 327 2635 or email [email protected].
Social Media Usage Statistics
- There are over 53 million active social media users in the UK which is around 77.9% of the overall UK population.
- The average UK user spends 110 minutes on social media every single day.
- TikTok is the fastest-growing social media platform with a 100% user growth rate over the last couple of years.
- 56.6 of Facebook users are male and 43.4% are female
- 40 million businesses and companies use Facebook Messenger to engage with users
- Users spend an average of 23 minutes on Facebook every day
- The largest age demographic in the UK is the 25-34 age bracket.
- The average Instagram user in the UK spent 53 minutes per day on the app.
- Instagram stories have over 500 million daily active users.
- 50% of users have visited a website to purchase after seeing a product or service on Instagram stories.
- There are around 34.9 million LinkedIn users in the United Kingdom
- The number of Black and Latino leaders on the platform has grown by 35%
- The largest age demographic in the UK is the 35 to 54 age bracket.
- There are over 450 million people who use Pinterest every single month
- 31% of millennials who are in the UK with a household income of over £100K are on Pinterest
- The most popular age group for Pinterest are users aged between 18-24 as they make up 55% of the UK’s users.
- 80% of users say Pinterest makes them feel positive
- There are 23.38 active TikTok users in the UK
- A quarter of UK users using TikTok are aged between 15 to 25
- Users spend an average ok 95 minutes per day on the app.
- Twitter has 19.05 million users in the UK
- 60% of Twitter users in the UK are living in households with an annual income of over 48K
- In the UK, it’s been reported that adults only spend around 4 minutes a day on Twitter
- In the UK, there are more than 50 million users who use YouTube
- 46% of women use YouTube in the UK, whereas 54% of men use the platform
- The biggest users of YouTube are the 18 to 24-year-old age group
Influencer Marketing Statistics
- Google searches increased by 400% for the term “influencer marketing” in the UK over the past few years.
- 42% of marketers feel influencer provides the best return on investment.
- 67% of brands currently work with influencers to deliver content and promote their products and services.
- 70% of teenage YouTube subscribers trust influencer opinions over traditional celebrities.
Conclusion: Reach Further With Paid & Organic Social
Paid social is an important part of any digital campaign especially if one of your main goals is brand building and reaching your target audience. Paid social gives you targeting options such as demographic filters, interest-based targeting and remarketing all of which can help to build your business’s brand presence and elevate your brand awareness campaigns through the use of data insight and analytics to ensure you are getting the best results possible.
If you’d like to learn more about how to improve your organic and paid social activity then get in touch with our team of social media experts at Embryo today.