Meanwhile, in the world of tech…
With AI continuing to dominate the digital space, International Women’s Day, and Elon Musk Twittering up a storm (again), it’s been another busy month for tech!
In such a rapidly changing environment, the endless stream of ground-breaking developments and recent releases is enough to make your head spin. It’s virtually impossible to keep up. But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
The team at Embryo have put together a quick overview of all the latest and greatest insights from the last few weeks. So, grab a cup of tea and enjoy!
Top Tech Stories to Take Note of
- Microsoft splashes the cash on a state-of-the-art supercomputer for OpenAI’s ChatGPT chatbot.
- Spotify follows in TikTok’s footsteps by launching a scrollable feed that enables users to discover everything the app has to offer.
- “DigitALL: Innovation and technology for gender equality” was the United Nations’ theme for International Women’s Day 2023, celebrating the innovative contributions that women have made to the technology industry.
- Fed up with forking out on costly smartphone fixes? Nokia partners with specialists, iFixit, to create an easily repairable phone in a bid to reduce e-waste.
- OpenAI announces the launch of GPT-4, with even better creativity and problem-solving, as well as the capacity to process images.
- AI-generated characters are taking the online fandom community by storm. We certainly wouldn’t pass up the opportunity to have a chat with Harry Styles…
- There’s a new platform in the works for Meta. As Twitter faces growing controversies, the social metaverse company, Meta, has seized the opportunity to develop an alternative text-based social network. Watch this space.
- ChatGPT reaches new horizons as GM considers adding the chatbot’s technology to vehicles.
- Advanced artificial intelligence language model or kitchen companion? Google’s PaLM-E robot demonstrates an astonishing range of capabilities.
- The pressure is on as Apple is set to launch a new mixed-reality headset.
- There are growing concerns about how streaming is impacting the way that we enjoy and cherish music. Unwinding with vinyl or hosting a dance party with an Echo Dot – which do you prefer?