If you work in digital marketing or wider marketing generally and haven’t been living under a rock for the last 5 years, there’s a good chance that you’ve at least heard about marketing automation.
While it has uses for a whole host of marketing channels, the PPC team at Embryo have been using marketing automation ourselves to help streamline our workflows and increase our output.
Marketing automation refers to software that has the ability to automate various processes, often to varying degrees of competence, in a bid to make people’s lives easier and assist with monotonous or repetitive tasks.
This includes tasks such as welcome emails, birthday greetings to customers, abandoned baskets retargeting messages, helping assist with the onboarding of customers and many more. All of this results in productivity boosts and time-saving for employees, and an increased ROI for businesses.
To help illustrate this, we’ve prepared some marketing automation stats that help show the power of marketing automation.
If you would like to learn more about how we utilise marketing automation to help businesses scale their profits and grow their brands, feel free to get in touch with us via email at [email protected] or give us a call on 0161 327 2635 to find out more.
Current Marketing Automation Usage
There are a number of reasons why a business would look toward marketing automation platforms to help enhance their own marketing efforts. Below, we’ve listed some interesting statistics revolving around the current usage patterns of marketing automation among businesses and their employees.
- According to research, automation demand surged in more than 90% of companies
- On average 56% of companies are currently using Marketing automation, with 40% of B2B companies planning to adopt the technology
- 75% of marketers say they use at least one type of marketing automation tools
- When it comes to automation software, marketers take advantage of it 76% more than sales and a whopping 139% more than finance
- Email Marketing is the channel with the highest usage of marketing automation, with 63% of email marketers saying they utilise it in their marketing efforts
- As of 2021, more than half of organisations have only started using Marketing Automations within the last 4 years
- The top reason for implementing marketing automation, according to 35% of respondents, is to help streamline sales
- 77% of chief marketing officers turned to AI technologies to automate redundant tasks
- The amount of times “marketing automation” has been searched per week has almost tripled over the past five years
What Businesses Are Seeing from Their Marketing Automation Usage
It is all well and good knowing about why exactly businesses are incorporating marketing automation platforms into their workflows, but what’s more important is the results that they produce…
- Businesses who use marketing automation to nurture prospects experience a 451% increase in qualified leads
- 80% of marketing automation users saw an increase in the number of leads using marketing automation software, and 77% had an increase in conversions
- Marketers who created a more omnichannel experience earned a 90% higher customer retention rate over single-channel marketers
- Almost 80% of marketers cite marketing automation as the main contributor to their success
- 63% of companies using marketing automation outperform competitors
- Marketing automation provides a 12.2% reduction in marketing overhead
- Marketing automation drives 28% better sales productivity and 33% higher revenue growth compared to companies without lead scoring
- Marketing automation software has lead to a 14.5% increase in sales productivity
- 49% of companies said the main advantage of marketing automation is that it saves time on repetitive tasks and enables personalised marketing communications
- A further 45% of respondents said the biggest advantage was improved efficiency and ROI
- Almost 70% of users say marketing automation is worth the price
- 91% of marketing automation users agree it is “very important” to the overall success of their online marketing activities
- The use of lead nurturing through marketing automation saw 15-20% of potential buyers that were not ready to purchase converted to sales
- 4 of 5 successful marketers credit marketing automation as a key contributor to their success
How Marketing Automation Is Utilised across Different Channels
Marketing automation is used across different marketing channels for a variety of reasons. Below is a deeper dive into how marketing is used.
- 65% of marketers automate their email marketing efforts, making email the most frequently automated marketing channel
- 78% say list segmentation is marketing automation’s best feature
- 47% of marketers use marketing automation in social media management
- 30% of marketing professionals use marketing automation in their landing pages
- 28% of marketers use marketing automation in paid ads
- 61% of surveyed marketers reported that increasing lead generation is the most important strategic goal of marketing automation
- 25% of marketers use marketing automation for campaign tracking
- 23% of marketers use marketing automation for content management
- 21% of marketers use marketing automation for live chat (chatbots)
It is clear to see that marketing automation is showing no signs of wavering, with a variety of marketing channels reaping the rewards for their campaigns. However, not all marketing platforms are the same, and some marketing automation platforms are more suitable for different businesses depending on the need and goals of the business.
Thankfully, we at Embryo are able to assist with this. With years of experience across each marketing channel, while utilising marketing automation to spearhead countless successful campaigns, we can take the pain out of deciding on which marketing platform is best to use and give you comprehensive guidance and support.
Feel free to contact our team via our contact page, by phone at 0161 327 2635 or by email at [email protected]. Alternatively, check out some of our amazing case studies that showcase some great results we’ve generated for our clients.