The use of chatbots continues to grow as customers expect better and more personalised communication with the businesses they deal with. But what exactly is a Chatbot? A chatbot is a piece of software that is designed to stimulate a conversation with human users digitally providing automated responses designed to answer user queries or commands.
From consumer preferences to business applications, these chatbot statistics we’ll be taking you through offer an in-depth view of the impact and trends shaping the role of chatbots in the digital world and how they play an integral part in your marketing activities such as search engine optimisation, PPC & social.
Whether you’re a business owner seeking to enhance the customer experience or a marketing professional keen on staying ahead of the latest developments, these statistics provide valuable insights into the state of chatbots in 2023.
Chatbot Usage Statistics
- 80% of customers who have used chatbots report that their experience has been generally positive.
- 60% of young people who have said they’ve used chatbots.
- 70% of young people who have used a chatbot have had a positive experience.
- 57% of executives have said that chatbots bring significant ROI with minimal effort involved from a business perspective.
- 58% of all websites that use some form of chatbot software are for B2B companies.
- 90% of businesses report large improvements in the speed of complaint resolution.
- The chatbot market will reach $77 million in 2022.
- Virtual customer assistants help businesses reduce call, chat and email inquiries by 70%.
- 23% of customer service businesses are using AI chatbots as their brand communication brand.
- About 90% of customer queries are resolved in 10 messages or fewer.
Chatbot & Customer Preference Statistics
- 62% of consumers would prefer to use a chatbot for customer services rather than wait for a human agent to answer any of their questions.
- 65% of consumers feel comfortable handling issues without a human agent.
- 64% of customers claim that 24/7 service is the most helpful chatbot functionality on offer.
- 23% of consumers still prefer face-to-face interaction when the issue or question that they have is complex such as payment-related issues or general complaints where they don’t feel confident dealing with a chatbot.
- There are only 9% of consumers who think businesses should never use chatbots.
- 33% of consumers want to be able to use a chatbot to make a reservation at a hotel or restaurant.
- 48% of people prefer a chatbot that is able to resolve their issues over dealing with a human agent that has a personality.
- 60% of people aged 35-44 believe businesses are too quick to replace human representatives with chatbots.
- Willingness to use chatbots for purchases rose from 17.1% to 41.3% from 2019 to 2020.
- 71% of consumers prefer to use a chatbot to check order statuses.
- 62% of consumers prefer to use a chatbot to get information about deals and discounts.
- Only 28% of consumers would use a chatbot to complain about a service or a product.
- Around 60% of Gen Z’s find chatting with customer service representatives stressful.
- The average length of a chatbot conversation is 5.7 messages.
Chatbots & Social Media Statistics
- 1.4 billion people use messaging services via social media and are more eager to deal with a chatbot rather than talk to a human agent.
- 55% of people are willing to interact with a business via a chatbot on social media to resolve a problem or answer a query.
- There are over 300,000 chatbots on Messenger alone.
- There are currently over 260 million new conversations on Facebook Messenger every single day.
- Messaging apps are used by 5 billion users every month.
- 74% of young people say that their perception of the brand improves if the business responds to their social media inquiries.
Overall, I think we can all agree that the use of chatbots is extremely useful for both personal and professional aspects. Many businesses across numerous sectors are already trying to leverage chatbots to enhance customer experiences and streamline their business operations.
If you’re a business owner or a marketing professional and you’d like to learn more about chatbots and how you can leverage them as part of your SEO and marketing activities then please get in touch with our SEO team.