30 Statistics That Show Just How Important Local SEO Is
If you run a business in your local area, you may want to consider reading through some local SEO stats. Local SEO is an incredibly important tool for getting your business off the ground – particularly if you rely on local traffic and conversions.
Local SEO can also be combined with other areas of digital marketing such as content marketing, creating a foolproof marketing campaign that should boost your business in no time. At Embryo, one of our specialities is long-form content, which can be used with other SEO tactics to increase traffic and conversions.
Conducting your own research into the world of local SEO will enable you to boost your sales, as well as making potential customers in your area more aware of your business presence.
Local SEO forms a key part of our marketing strategy here at Embryo. However, it’s just one of the areas in which we thrive.
To learn more about our areas of expertise and how we can help you after you’ve read this blog, call us on 0161 327 2635 or email [email protected]
Local SEO Stats You Can’t Ignore
Naturally, all of the statistics laid out here are important. But there are some figures you can’t ignore if you want to ensure your business is successful.
- 35% of product searches start on Google.
- The vast majority of the population (97%) conduct an online search to find a local business.
- 86% of people look up the location of a business on Google Maps, as opposed to using other methods.
- It’s extremely crucial that you use local SEO to get onto the first page of Google, as 92% of searchers choose to use businesses on the first page.
- 72% of customers that conduct local searches visit a store within five miles.
- A huge 97% of the population prefer to learn about local businesses online.
Interesting Mobile Local SEO Statistics
With the rise of smartphone technology over the last few decades, more and more people are now using their phones to search for information, instead of logging onto a computer. As such, it’s important to tailor your business to local users.
- According to Nectafy, 88% of local business searches on a mobile device end up with the searcher visiting or contacting the business within 24 hours.
- Having a mobile-friendly site makes it more likely that people will contact you – 61% of people are more likely to contact a business if the company has a mobile-friendly site.
- Smartphone searches tend to be more lucrative in the local SEO world. In a study by Think With Google, 18% of local mobile searches led to a sale, whereas only 7% of non-local mobile searches resulted in a purchase.
- SEO Tribunal states that 78% of local searches result in an offline purchase, showing that people often prefer to search for information online – even if they plan to buy in-store.
- In Hubspot’s State of Marketing Trends Report 2022, they found that almost 25% of companies invest in mobile optimisation as part of their SEO strategy.
- Around 50% of people conducting local searches on a mobile device look for a business address online, as opposed to using other methods.
- Another SEO Tribunal statistic shows that trust is a crucial factor for any business. 70% of consumers will go to a store after finding relevant information online.
Other Major Local SEO Stats You Need to Know
Local SEO is more important than ever, showing that people still seek out local businesses, despite the popularity of online shopping. It’s never been more important to utilise local SEO within your business, and these statistics show why!
- 67% of shoppers confirm that an item is in stock online before making a purchase in-store.
- There are roughly 30 billion local SEO searches conducted per year.
- ‘Available near me’ is a common local search term and in 2020, it grew by more than 100%.
- 69% of people state at least half of their searches have a local intent.
- In addition, 37% of people state that around two-thirds of their queries have a local basis.
- 4 in 5 consumers use search engines to find local information, showing another reason why local SEO is so important.
Important Google Statistics
Google is the main search engine used around the world – as such, it’s important to gear your marketing strategies towards Google’s algorithm. This doesn’t mean that you should ignore other search engines, but most of your efforts should be put towards Google.
- On average, there are between 40 and 60 billion searches on Google each month, showing it is the primary search engine of use.
- This adds up to around 3.3 trillion queries on Google per year.
- Additionally, there are around 8.5 billion Google searches every day.
- It’s also estimated that there are a whopping 63,000 Google searches every second!
- Google has the lion’s share of the search engine market, currently estimated to host around 85% of queries.
General SEO Stats That Apply to Local Businesses
When using digital marketing to promote your business, it’s important to focus on all aspects of SEO within your strategy. These statistics show why organic seo is just as important as local seo.
- Reviews can make or break a business, as they’re the online version of ‘word of mouth’. 73% of people trust a business after seeing positive reviews online.
- According to Net0, sustainable businesses tend to retain more customers than those with a high carbon footprint. Customers are, on average, four times more likely to be loyal to an eco-friendly business.
- Nearly 40% of marketers state that content marketing is a crucial part of their marketing strategy. You should also consider utilising content marketing alongside local SEO to give you an edge over the competition.
- Social media can be a great local SEO tool. At the end of 2022, Facebook had over 2 billion users, showing just how important it is.
- Instagram is also a popular social media choice, as it’s the second best performing social media platform for marketers.
Go Local With Embryo
As you can see from these statistics, local SEO is a crucial tool for any business. The advent of internet technology and smartphones over the last couple of decades has led to new local SEO techniques being developed. Most people now search for local information online, when compared to more traditional methods.
As such, successful businesses need to learn about local SEO strategies, so they can make their marketing campaigns more successful. If you’d like to find out more about local SEO, our Learning Local SEO page will fill you in on everything you need to know.
If you’d like some help with your marketing strategy, our helpful team is here to help. At Embryo, we’re one of the UK’s premiere digital marketing agencies, covering a wide range of disciplines within the field.
To find out more about what we have to offer, get in touch with our expert team today.