30 Essential Landing Page Statistics
Landing pages are extremely important for any business. They’re designed as standalone web pages that the potential customer ‘lands on’ after interacting with the business – usually from clicking a link, signing up for an email newsletter or clicking on an advert.
Landing pages serve a specific purpose, aiming to capture information about the reader that the business can then use. As such, landing pages are something that any savvy business owner should be aware of, as they can be very lucrative.
We’ve collated together some of the most important landing page stats in this blog. If you’d like more advice about how you can improve your business, get in touch with Embryo and we’ll see how we can help.
Landing Page Stats: Our Top Picks
- The majority of landing page traffic now comes from mobile users, with Broadband Search finding that 53.3% of web traffic is mobile directed.
- 77% of landing pages are used as home pages, instead of standalone pages (OptinMonster).
- Site speed is important when trying to convert readers. A 2022 study by Portent found that marketers see a 4.42% drop in conversion rates for every second of page load time).
- The average conversion rate for landing pages is 26%….
- However, most landing pages convert only 10% of viewers
- CTA buttons are the most common website element for testing
Positive Landing Page Stats
- As you can see above, the quicker your landing page loads, the higher the conversion rate. Landing pages with a loading speed of being 1-2 seconds have the most success.)
- Despite having relatively low conversion rates, landing pages have a 160% higher conversion rate than other forms of online signup pages.
- 65% of top landing pages put the business name in their title tags, which is something you can do to promote conversions.
- Using video content can also help you – 30% of top landing pages use video content.
- Testimonials promote more conversions than reviews. 36% of top landing pages have testimonials, whereas only 11% have reviews.
- The more landing pages the better – having between 10 and 12 landing pages increases leads by up to 55%.
Landing Page Stats to Help Improve Your Business
- Having too many links may lose potential customers – landing pages with more than five links have an average conversion rate of 10.5%.
- On the other hand, landing pages with only one link have an average conversion rate of 13.5%.
- If you have too many ‘offers’ on your landing page, this may hinder your efforts. Wishpond found that featuring more than one offer on a landing page decreased conversion rates by as much as 266%.
- If your title isn’t punchy enough, you may have trouble converting people. According to Marketsplash, only two out of ten people read the full text of a landing page, whereas eight out of ten people read the full title.
- Adding contact details to your landing pages can increase your conversion sign-ups by 9%.
- Using a green CTA button can improve your landing page, as 51.3% of CTA buttons use this colour.
Surprising Landing Page Stats
- According to Business2Community, at least 20% of companies don’t have a formal landing page testing strategy.
- If you don’t have a testing strategy set up, A/B testing is a popular way to do it. 60% of businesses find A/B testing to be highly effective.
- 16% of landing pages have no navigation system built into them.
- According to Hubspot, 55% of their email submissions come from Ebooks.
- 30% of landing pages had too much copy, putting potential customers off from engaging.
- The cost of a landing page varies wildly. [Companies tend to spend anywhere from $75 upwards to $3000 on their landing pages](https://www.webfx.com/ppc/pricing/landing-page-design/#:~:text=Companies can spend anywhere from,closer to the %243000 range.) – the best landing pages cost more money.
Other Landing Page Stats You Should be Aware of
- Squeeze pages (landing pages that aim to source the user’s email address) are the most popular pages, [with 79% of B2B marketers saying that email is the most effective channel for demand generation](https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/landing-page-types#:~:text=1.,capture the user’s email address.).
- You can improve conversions by up to 86% if you use video content on your landing pages.
- Two-step landing page forms are much more effective than one-step forms.
- According to Databox, the average number of form fields on a landing page is five.
- In 2020, [49% of marketers reported that increasing customer acquisition was their primary objective.](https://ascend2.com/new-research-digital-marketing-plans-for-2020/#:~:text=Marketers responding to the survey,plan to achieve in 2020.)
- Visual content is very important, as 80% of users are more likely to read content with pictures.
Unlock Your Success the Embryo Way
As you can see, landing pages can be very useful tools when used correctly. If you’re a new business or you’re looking to expand, it can feel like you’re using trial and error at first.
However, by using statistics and getting expert advice, you can improve your landing pages, which should lead to more conversions over time.
At Embryo, we’re an award-winning digital marketing agency, expanding rapidly since the business first launched in 2015. Since then, we’ve had great success within the world of digital marketing, making us perfectly primed to help your business grow.
If you’d like to learn more, all you need to do is get in touch with us and we’ll do the rest.