- You will be responsible for leading the SEO delivery function within the business comprising teams focused on; on-page SEO, link building and content production.
- It will be your duty to ensure that all areas of the service are aligned and working collaboratively together for our client campaigns.
- Where necessary identify and make changes to client strategies on an ad-hoc basis
- You must ensure the correct allocation of retainer time to their schedule prior to each campaign month, following up to check that these hours are not over or under-delivered.
- Utilising in-house teams and the possibility of outsourced work where necessary to provide 100% delivery for all clients & prospect work.
- Liaise with outsourcing companies to agree on costs ensuring briefs have been prepared for them to be able to complete the work.
- You will need to develop a process that monitors the influx of additional tasks that may be requested throughout the month for both. These must be allocated to the workflow effectively, whilst ensuring that the team do not go over capacity.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that all client reports are completed within an appropriate time frame, making sure to provide the highest level of value, including the ‘why, what, when, and impact.
- You will be responsible for managing both the SEO and Content team members. You will be required to liaise with HR for delivering your team 1-1’s and ensuring training and progression pathways are put in place.
- You must ensure that all team members are playing active roles in their communication with clients. E.g. performing follow-up emails, and asking key questions on client calls such as, what the client’s goals are and how our work is contributing to achieving those.
- You will act as a role model to your team, ensuring all of your client campaign work and day-to-day tasks are completed to the best of your ability.
- Fresh Ideas – Bringing fresh ideas into the team, ensuring that we remain at the forefront of the very latest SEO standards.
- As a line manager, you will need to support the team to ensure that client KPIs and objectives are met but also be on hand to offer help and support where needed.
- High level of CRM competency – you must be able to implement processes within our CRM in order to make the department efficient whilst also benefiting the wider team.
- Expectation to be both a creative and technical thinker with the ability to understand which approach is best at a given time while continuing to drive data-led content strategies.
- Excellent on-page SEO knowledge
- An in-depth understanding of the rationale of SEO-optimised content
- Understanding of the part content plays in the wider strategy i.e. CRO/UX
- Demonstrable management skills, a key focus on nurturing talent and getting the best out of a team
- Leadership capabilities, are authoritative with the way in which you carry both yourself and your message within the organisation and client-facing.
- Leadership – able to nurture a team while maintaining a high standard internally within the business but also during all client/prospect meetings
- Listening & Empathy- demonstrate that you can listen and understand your team’s needs when supporting them, whilst also encouraging them to develop their strengths and weaknesses.
- Vision & Commitment – showcase to your team that you are invested in their growth and development, not only just for them as individuals but for the wider department and company as a whole.
- Organised – ensure that you allocate time for heading up the department as well as completing your client work.
- Decision making – you will need to be able to confidently make decisions for your team when it comes to client strategy and team management.
- This role will be challenging yet rewarding, so having a positive can-do attitude for your team is extremely important.
- When managing a team, it is vital that you are able to identify and discuss areas of improvement with them in order to get the best out of your department, so having the ability to deliver constructive feedback is crucial for growth and development.
- Challenging – of your team, the business and clients where necessary to bring about the best outcome for all. Whilst also allowing your team to do the same in a productive manner, listening to their views and where necessary managing any conflict within the team effectively.
- Evidence of experience managing SEO strategies to deliver on client needs, including but not limited to; content, link building, on-page elements
- Technical SEO knowledge is not essential but ideal
- Demonstrable people management success
- Commercial acumen, able to evidence an ability to manage in parallel, client strategies & profitability metrics.
- Advanced SEO tool knowledge (SEMRush, Google Analytics, SE Ranking, Search Console, Screaming Frog etc.)
- Proven ability to solve complex and strategic challenges to grow client accounts at all times.
- 5+ years experience in a similar role or one containing similar management experience
- Previous digital marketing agency experience
- Awareness of other digital marketing channels such as PPC, Paid Social and Digital PR.