In the fast-paced world of digital marketing and online engagement, interactive content has emerged as a transformative force. From quizzes and polls to interactive videos, it’s reshaping how we connect with audiences.
This blog highlights 30 enlightening statistics on interactive content. Whether you’re a marketer seeking to boost engagement, a business owner aiming for a personal connection with customers, or just curious about digital trends, these stats provide valuable insights and strategies.
If you’d like to learn more about how to include interactive content in your strategy feel free to get in touch with our team by phone at 0161 327 2635 or email [email protected].
30 Stats about Interactive Content You Need to Know
- Interactive content compared to static content gains two times more engagement. DemandGen
- 77% of marketers understand that interactive content has “reusable” value, resulting in greater exposure and repeat visitors. (Content Marketing Institute)
- 85% of B2B marketers plan to or already use interactive infographics as part of their strategy. (DemandGen)
- 15% of consumers preferred Instagram Stories with quizzes or poll features. This was the third most popular Story format on Instagram. (HubSpot)
- 43% of consumers said that they prefer interactive video content over other types of video content. This is because it gives the consumer the power to decide what information they want to view and when. (MarketingCharts)
- 53% of marketers say they use interactive content. (Content Marketing Institute and Ion Interactive)
- 93% of marketers reported that interactive content is an effective way of educating buyers. (Inc.)
- 88% of marketers agree that if you want to differentiate your brand from your competitors, interactive content is an effective way of doing so. (SnapApp)
- In the last 5 years, the most shared quiz has got a total of 5.4 million social interactions. (Buzzsumo)
- 79% of marketers agree that one of the most fruitful ways to increase message retention is by combining interactive content and other content marketing tactics. (Content Marketing Institute and Ion Interactive)
- Interactive content is responsible for twice as many conversions as passive content. (Demand Metric)
- Contests, games, quizzes, interactive infographics and assessments are the top 5 most effective forms of interactive content. (Content Marketing Institute and Ion Interactive)
- Calculators, interactive white papers, interactive eBooks, interactive lookbooks, and wizards are the top five most effective types of interactive content for the middle of the funnel. (Content Marketing Institute and Ion Interactive)
- The most commonly used places for interactive content are landing pages, social media platforms, microsites, and blogs. (Content Marketing Institute and Ion Interactive)
- Configurators are the most effective type of interactive content for the bottom of the funnel. (Content Marketing Institute and Ion Interactive)
- 80% of users of your site are more likely to watch a video compared to 20% who will actually read a piece of written content. (siteefy)
- 71% of customers prefer shopping with AR, as it helps them make smarter buying decisions. (Lumus)
- Nearly half of all marketers are already using shoppable videos (Marketing Dive)
- Over half of B2B buyers find interactive content the most useful for overcoming business challenges. (DemandGen)
- Over a third of marketers say that a tenth of all of their content is interactive. (DemandGen)
- Over 80% of marketers agree that interactive content is a better way of engaging users than static content. (Demand Metric)
- Over three-quarters of marketers found that mixing interactive content with other marketing activities enhances message recall. (Content Marketing Institute)
- 75% of marketers confirmed that non-gated interactive content aids with nurturing leads. (Content Marketing Institute)
- Nearly half of agency staff have helped create live virtual events or Q&A sessions. (Content Marketing Institute)
- Over a third of marketers found interactive videos have boosted conversions. (Semrush)
- 25% of marketers have seen a rise in sales since using interactive video. 13
- In a recent survey, nearly 80% of participants confirmed that to drive sales interactive videos outperformed standard videos. (Semrush)
- Over 90% of marketers agree that interactive content is effective in educating the buyer. (Demand Metric)
- There were over 217,000 tweets associated with the subject of content marketing. (Semrush)
- Over two-thirds of all marketers anticipate that the importance of interactive content will increase in forthcoming years. (Demand Metric)
Interactive Content Is Here to Stay
Those who are old enough will remember when “video killed the radio star” and now interactive content is killing static content. It outperforms static content in many areas including interaction, engagement and conversions. So if “content is king” then interactive content is queen and integrating it into your marketing strategy is key for any business or marketer.
Did you find this useful? Please get in touch.
Here at Embryo we specialise in content and include interactive content in all of our marketing strategies. To learn more about the strategy feel free to get in touch with our team by phone at 0161 327 2635 or email [email protected].