If you are looking for an agency that embraces change and keeps up-to-date on all trends in the paid social world, feel free to get in touch with our award-winning social team by emailing [email protected] or calling us at 0161 327 2635.
In this blog, we will be delving into the top trends we expect to see for Paid Social in 2024.
Paid Social Trend #1 – Harnessing the Power of AI
Paid social ads can be effectively leveraged to promote artificial intelligence (AI) in various ways. Here are some areas where we think AI will have a major influence on paid social:
- Assets: There are already websites out there, such as ‘Adcreative’, ‘Creatopy’ etc. Imagine if Canva and ChatGBT had a baby. Businesses will be able to cut costs, as they won’t have to hire or outsource a designer. They will be able to create thousands of creatives at the push of a button.
- Ad Copy: AI algorithms can analyse the performance of different ad copies in real time and recommend variations that are more likely to resonate with the target audience. Combining the strengths of AI with the unique insights and creativity of human copywriters can result in more compelling and impactful social media ad campaigns.
- Selecting Bidding Strategies: When your ads are competing against other brands, you’ll need to use bidding strategies to gain an advantage. AI can be used for data analysis to determine which bidding strategies will deliver the most cost-effective performance.
- Meta Advantage+: Due to rising CPMs with prospecting audiences, marketers have had a lot of success with broader targeting. This will continue to deliver success in 2024.
Paid Social Trend #2 – Video Dominance
Video content has emerged as a cornerstone for social media marketing, and it’s only going to evolve. We expect longer videos to make a comeback. For a long time, shorter videos have dominated the social media landscape; however, over recent months, we’ve seen the algorithm and performance shift more towards longer videos. We believe in its popularity for the following reasons:
- Storytelling Opportunities: Longer videos allow you to tell a compelling and intricate story. This format allows for a more in-depth exploration of a brand’s narrative, product features, or customer testimonials.
- Educational Content: Some products or services require more explanation. Longer videos can effectively deliver tutorials, demonstrations, or educational content, helping potential customers better understand the value and functionality of a product.
- Audience Engagement and Loyalty: For audiences genuinely interested in a brand or product, longer videos can foster a deeper connection. Engaging content that provides value, entertainment, or insights may increase viewer retention and loyalty.
- Platform Features and Algorithms: Social media platforms may introduce features or algorithms that promote longer-form content. If platforms observe that users are engaging more with longer videos, they might adjust their algorithms to favour this type of content, making it more visible in users’ feeds.
- User-Generated Content (UGC): UGC continued to be a powerful tool for building brand trust and authenticity. Brands were encouraging their audiences to create and share content related to their products and services.
Paid Social Trend #3 – Clients to increase spend on Pinterest and TikTok
The decision to allocate advertising spend across different platforms depends on a variety of factors, including the target audience, campaign objectives, and platform effectiveness. Meta will usually always have the largest slice of the pie; however, we expect Pinterest and TikTok to have the highest percentage increase. Here are some reasons why:
- Audience Demographics: If a client’s target audience aligns more closely with the user base of Pinterest or TikTok, they may choose to allocate more budget to reach and engage with their desired demographic.
- Visual Content Preference: Pinterest and TikTok are highly visual platforms, and if a client’s products or services are visually oriented, these platforms may provide a more natural fit. The nature of the content shared on these platforms, such as lifestyle inspiration on Pinterest or short-form videos on TikTok, can enhance brand visibility and engagement.
- Creativity and Innovation: TikTok, in particular, has become synonymous with creative and innovative content.
- Lower CPMS compared to other platforms: These are usually the cheapest platforms when compared to Meta.
Paid Social Trend #4 – Messaging Apps for Business
Brands were starting to leverage messaging apps like WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger for customer service, personalised interactions, and even transactions. Throughout the year, engagement will move from feeds to DMs. So having the correct infrastructure by automating processes will be influential. The key will be to reply to your customer ASAP, as the longer you leave it, the warmer your lead will become. service set up
Get in Touch
While keeping up to date with the latest trends can seem overwhelming, at Embryo, it’s our bread and butter. If you are looking for an agency that strives to stay up-to-date with the latest trends and patterns, look no further and chat with our lovely team today by emailing [email protected] or calling us at 0161 327 2635.